Mera India Mera Adhikar is a Registered Non- Government Organisation (Regd). Our work is concentrated on 3 of the Fundamental Rights: Right to Education, Right to Equality and Right against exploitation, which we believe are the areas of greatest need and ensuring fulfillment of these rights is the focus of our organisation.
We believe illiteracy, inequality and exploitation are interrelated issues and the only way to make a sustainable and impactful difference in the beneficiary population is to work together to eradicate these issues simultaneously. We work for the upliftment of the poor and destitute by helping them achieve socio-economic independence, self-sustainability and health. We focus on providing educational services to the needy, mainstreaming marginalized street children, making illiterate/low-literate youth employable and women empowerment. Our aim is to uplift the deprived sections of society by empowering them to create a better world for themselves.
MIMA is the full-spectrum grassroots NGO based in Delhi, providing services for development of education and equality and thus able to provide a comprehensive path from poverty to prosperity and fully empower the destitute to tread it successfully.
Our Story :
KanakDurga (K.D) Colony is located just behind one of the most famous schools in the Country. Despite being so close to a prestigious educational institute, students and youths in this colony were struggling with their education. Same as other youths in the colony, the founders of the organisation, Mr Prem Prasad, Mr Shashikant, and Mr Sudeep Adhikari were also struggling for their education. Being a middle class, they received an education but faced many difficulties. One thing they did differently, they never gave up. Their same struggle gave birth to a new thought. They decided that the coming generation should not go through the same difficulties and the struggles they have gone through. Their main motto was that not a single child should be deprived of education.
This same thought brought them together. In the initial period, they started teaching the children from their homes. In 2013, with the help of MrRaju, this thought was given a form. This was the birth of our non-profit organisation, MIMA-‘Mera India Mera Adhikar’. In the initial period, free educational classes were provided by the organisation for the children. There has been considerable change and development over time. MIMA mainly works on three rights: Right to Education, Right to Equality and Right against Exploitation. When we started MIMA, we were teaching only a few children from the neighbourhoods. Now, almost after 4 years, we are not only teaching more than 700 children but also helping young people and empowering the women.
Apart from providing education, many extracurricular activities have been organized from time to time like sports competition, painting contests, spellathon, debate competition etc. for equal opportunities to all. English classes have been started for young people to empower them and make them a better person for their future ahead .Various programs such as Dancing, singing, theatre programs are organized by the children living in the slums, for their mental and social development. The children studying in the institution have not only improved their marks but have been awarded by many other educational institutions for their talent in different programs.
At MIMA we also organize donation drives from time to time through which children are provided copy, books, toys and other materials in collaboration with other organizations as well. So that they do not have to struggle for educational needs .We are also organising various campaigns, street play, cleanliness drive to make our society not only educated but also safe and clean. We are happy that our small efforts have started showing some positive impact on our society.
“It is just a beginning, there is a long way to go.”
Our vision :
- To work as a leading Grass-Root Level NGO across Delhi-NCR.
- To bring change in the lives of underprivileged children, youth and women.
Our mission :
● To work in the field of education for underprivileged section.
● To work towards social equality of the underprivileged section and free them from exploitation.
Our nutshells :
- Mera india mera adhikari ( MIMA) was established as a Charitable Public Trust WITH NCT of Delhi, 2013. Even though we had a humble start with no office, staff members or resources we moved forward with the confidence in the goodness of our people.
- MIMA is a self-reliant NGO in delhi. MIMA has never sought nor taken any Govt. Grant or support from major Foreign Donor Agencies so far. The objectives of the Foundation are managed through public donations received from various sources, ie donation from members, various individuals etc.
- MIMA has grown into a leading NGO in the education Sector in R.K.Puram, thanks to the dedicated services of its teams.
- MIMA provides quality tuition classes in which around 100 students are benefited.
- Mima has started youth club where young leaders are nurture for future.All youth club members are slum children.
- Mima provides English classes for youth of slum who do jobs.
- Mima has been running library in heart of slum through which 300 slum children are benefited till now.
- Mima has been successfully running project called “ ARTशाला “ where MIMA volunteer organises various activities like Quiz, Drawing, Debates and Spellathon on every Saturday at MIMA centre.
Our future Aim
- To start a computer education institute for slum-dwellers
- To start vocational training Institute for girls and house wives.